Saturday, March 12, 2011
The Former Ladder
1. "The view of the cheerleaders is way-y-y-y-y-y-y better from up here."
2. "My situation is precarious, but I'm still looking down on everybody else; I must be a Californian."
3. ORA: "First I play with Kobe, then Mommy came, and I play with Mommy. We play Daddy! We had a awfully good time! Now, I want to play with YOU"
4. "The Safe School Czar will never get me up here, especially with his Achilles tendon sliced open."
5. With the entire maintenance staff on strike, Wisconsin elementary schools resort to scab labor.
Best of Carpe Phlogiston
Uh, Dad, you lied to avoid work, you lazy bum. This OSHA warning label about the top step does NOT exclude kids, so let me down!
Best of Kaptain Krude
"Yep, Mrs. Robinson, that ballast will definitely need to be replaced. Uh, now to broach a delicate subject, but how do you intend to pay for all of this work?"
And then, the bow-chikka-wow-wow music kicked in...
Best of Jack Reacher
"Yeah, I can cut him down. Kinda pointless now, though. I'm just sayin'."
Best of dadoctah
They say something snapped inside Mr Wizard the day he offered "Timmy, let me teach you about gravity".
Best of Submariner
'Twas a nitch job at best, but in these tough economic times, Billy was happy to be the Kotex-changer for the 50 ft woman.
Best of Vinney
"Do you think Selena Gomez would go for a precocious electrician"?
Threadwinnner: Mr Hankey
Little Kyle's new girlfriend Yoko kept telling him to climb a ladder to see her art.
Best of Spin
"Wow, ennui looks a lot different from way up here"