1. "No, Mr. President, we didn't say 'Propose a toast,' we said 'The economy is toast.'"
2. ORA: "The world may be, um, burning and dying outside these walls, but at we elites are safe and... hey, who's the guy in the red masque?"
3. "To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, "I am governing as I have lived, beyond my means.'"
4. "Allah bless us, everyone."
5. "And a toast to this delicious Soylent Green, which I understand is the ultimate solution to our social security, medicare, and carbon emission problems."
Best of jj
M'chelle is out of town....cheeseburgers for everyone!
Best of Jack Reacher
Obviously a gathering of liberals; everyone holding out his glass, waiting for someone else to fill it.
Best of blue
.."and after we fill our sample beakers, the lab will test for conservative leanings!"
Best of Carpe Phlogiston
Standard White House party platter since the 1900's - fatted calf wrapped in pork, taxpayer's blood pudding,
and snake oil promises to wash it down. Dessert? Big basket of sweet post-presidency jobs and pardons.
Best of prince of leaves
ORA: "Before we, um, start the, um, ritual, has anyone seen Mrs., um, Paddock?"
Best of JohnS1959
"And for the second week in a row unemployment figures increased by less than the expected margin", toasted the President, "Here's to leadership in action"!
Best of molson
Here's to Che.
Best of Adriane
Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!!!
Best of Army of Dad
All those in favor of sending Michelle on a cruise around the horn of Africa?
Best of Dactyl
Here's to you, honkies!