Friday, November 26, 2010
The Next Day
1. "OK, guys, on three, we all break into 'The Stripper."
2. "If one more idiot yells 'Play some Skynyrd!', this cornet is going up his ass. Sideways."
3. "And down goes another snare drummer. Who planned the parade route through Compton?"
4. ♪ "We're Sergeant Pepper's Marching Dorks Club band..." ♫
5. As Obama took the stage, the band switched from 'Hail to the Chief' to 'American Idiot.'
Best of GregMan
Tom (l., with hand in pants) thinks about that one time in band camp.
Best of dadoctah
Dance, Bristol! Dance like you've never danced before!
Best of Barney Frank
"little Boy Blue, come blow my horn..."
Best of Whacko
Herb Alpert has indeed fallen on hard times.
Best of Carpe Phlogiston
Guillermo del Toro's directorial debut was a low budget remake of "The Charge of the Light Brigade" using the horn section of a local high school band, a dozen midgets and miniature ponies plus a lot of fog machines.
Best of Vinney
You know when played by a marching band, Play That Funky Music White Boy is a catchy tune.
Best of Rodney Dill
"Dammit Stewie get back in formation and stop following fat people around with the Tuba."
Best of Submariner
hey, Hey, HEY! Watch where you stick that slide, ya monor.