Saturday, May 22, 2010
Standing on a Beach
1. ORA: "So, dad, did randomly shooting that Arab confirm your theories on existentialism?"
2. ORA: "So where the f*ck did that polar bear come from anyway?"
3. "You know, Daddy Gilligan, it's great that you and Mary Ann got together and had us kids... but seriously, who are we supposed to f*ck when we grow up?"
4. "At last, Cthulu awakes! This is gonna be awesome!"
5. "...used condoms...broken hypodermic needles.....used tampons...empty crack vials...green algae..This is just like our bathroom back home!"
Best of Carpe Phlogiston
The elves aren't ever coming back, are they, Pappa Aragorn?
Sadly, no. Hey, if you squint and use your imagination, those tarballs resemble orcs I fought long ago.
Best of curly
“Look Dad, I know that Obama’s plan to collapse the US economy and usher in the New World Order is upon us, but do you really think we can swim all the way to Costa Rica?”
Best of curly
“No sweetie, those are common smells of an ocean beach at low tide and not a nearby meeting of senior Democratic congresswomen, female Supreme Court justices, Janet Napolitano and Elena Kagan.”
Best of molson
The sheen off of the oil slick sure is beautiful this time of the day.
Best of Double the U
Daddy, please tell us again how at one time this land provided food for the people of that place you called America.
Best of dub
Tom took a moment to take in another glorious sunset, proudly realizing he only has 3 regrets in life.
Best of Submariner
"What does that mushroom cloud on the horizon mean," Joey? I'll tell you what it means; you kids can go have a couple of six packs for breakfast while your mom and I see where all we can get sand before I go fish with no limit... THAT'S what it means
Best of dadoctah
"Okay, kids, now hold on and we'll all walk slowly forward together until the hurt goes away."
Best of mega
The Gore family was heartbroken to see another sunny mild day, no changes in the climate, same as a week ago, same as ten thousand years ago.
Best of Mr. Hankey
Christmas portraits for shy families.
Best of GregMan
"So we hold hands, walk into the waves, slowly ascend into Heaven and become beings of pure light and love? At least that's less confusing than the series ending of Lost.