Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Bad News, Dad
1. Dad, I hope you weren't counting on that football scholarship.
2. "This just doesn't feel right. Let me try on the lime green banana-sling."
3. "Are the volcano gods pleased, yet, Governor Palin? Or should I just keep dancing until Mt. Redoubt gets quiet? All right, I'll keep dancing."
4. "It was your bank that took the bailout money, Dad. I don't see why I should have to be the one who gets in the limo with Congressman Frank."
5. "I know some coaches think it helps to send their teams to dance classes, but pole-dancing at the Blue Oyster Bar?"
Best of The Man
Obama's gift giving is improving, said Rep. Barney Frank.
Best of Tim
The rainbow warriors do two a days to improve their football choreography.
Best of flyovercountry
Billy didn't appreciate the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy of the armed services, so he decided to tell in a more subtle way when he fell out for the forced march dressed like Elton John.
Best of Matt the K
This week on "Survivor: NAMBLA", immunity could mean a night off of hut-sharing for Tyler.
Best of GregMan
Bruce's ennui had such a hold on him that even a necklace of pretty butterflies didn't help.
Best of Submariner
Thought bubble; "I am NEVER going to tell anyone what happened at Band Camp..."
Best of Army of Mom
Auditions for the newest reality show "Who wants to boink a cougar?" had some talent.
Best of Army of Dad
The NAMBLA father son picnic had a decidedly different meaning for 'Three Legged and Sack races'.
Best of mpur
Having exhausted the talk show circuit, Levi Johnson branches out to other venues.