Monday, October 30, 2006
The James Webb Memorial
1. The Boy Scouts and the Way they would be if the ACLU had its way.
2. "I'll take dreams Barney Frank has had... memorialized in bronze... for $600, Alex."
3. "Naked Pedophile Stalking Boy Scout" --- Your NEA tax dollars at work.
4. Many in Berkeley felt the statue, depicting a boy scout carrying the oversize dildo of an effete muscleman, was too conservative for community standards, and demanded the boy be naked or in fishnets.
5. Visitors to the Gerry Studds Marine Sanctuary (Provincetown, MA) are greeted by a statue depicting all of the congressman's major fetishes, including musclemen, drag queens, boy scouts, and a doberman pinscher whose hindquarters are just visible.
6. In 2010, President Hillary Clinton ordered the Iwo Jima Memorial replaced with something more "inclusive and multi-cultural."
7. "Fire Island Family Picnic" was one of Mapplethorpe's few sculpture pieces.
8. Under the ACLU-revised Scout Manual, merit badges can be earned for body-sculpting, cross-dressing, and gerbiling.
9. Appropriately enough, this sculpture graces the front of Myspace.com's world headquarters.
10. A 12" replica of this fine sculpture may be found in the museum's gift shop and Andrew Sullivan's rectal cavity.
Hat Tip: Sean Gleeson