1. RRORA: Xev and Kai determined that Detroit was not worth saving, and returned to the orbiting Lexx deciding to let him feed to his heart's content on the city's inhabitants.
2. Kwame Kilpatrick continues to deny rumors that he was paid massive kickbacks by the Insectivore people of Gloxborg 4 to let them feast on the city's inhabitants.
3. Baron Harkonnen's ornithopter then left Paul Atreides in the middle of the most harsh, desolate wasteland he could find.
4. Kwame Kiltraick continues to deny that he was paid kickbacks to store Canadian nuclear waste in a Detroit-area mosquito breeding ground.
5. In yet another short-sighted management decision, GM returns to profitability by renting out its employees' bodies as hosts for the larval form of the alien insect overlords.
Best of Submariner
ORA: Good fortune smiled on the Earth as Klendathu scouts randomly chose Detroit as a "representative city." One look and they knew it taking this planet wasn't worth the loss of a single bug's life and moved on.
"Jesse. Get on a plane to Tokyo and bring back Godzilla - Mothra's eating the Renaissance Center as we speak!
Best of Zeke
Lured by the promise of great plushy gangsters fashions, giant moths swept down from the frigid north to feast before the coming winter.
Best of The Man
All Your Slums are Belong to Us!
Democrats announced the 2008 DNC will be held in Detroit, making the mutant mosquitos the second largest blood suckers around town.
Best of sonicfrog
Eww gross! That one farted!
Best of What, me worry?
Why do you think it's called DEETroit?
Just when GM's prospects couldn't look any worse, they discover that what they thought were airbags on the assembly line were in fact the hatching eggs of gigantic dragons!
Best of Son Of The Godfather
It appears to be a giant insect attacking Lebanon... Let me guess: Reuters photo via Adnan Hadjj?
Best of the paperboy
From Hell' heart, the briney deep, and the airey height, I stab at thee! A four-hundred foot barb to the heart of the city!
I, for one, welcome our now insect overlords. I would like to remind them, that as a reporter, I can be helpful in rounding up other humans to toil in their underground sugar caverns.
H/T Divine Miss M.