Tuesday, April 25, 2006
From the Washington Post Best of Ought-Five photo collection. Fair Use! Standard disclaimer always applies. Neener! Neener! Neener!
1. We Used to Be Devo.
2. What the justices of the Supreme Court do when nobody's looking.
3. Barristers in British courts finally ditch the powdered wigs and get on with a new and improved 21st century image.
4. A minimalist staging of the play "Steel Magnolias."
5. "And...Clayton, Sidney, Jugdish, Mohammed, Lonnie...."
6. Detroit Lions fans line up incognito to buy 2006/2007 season tickets.
7. "Okay, class, everybody sit down, put on the smocks and helmets, keep your hands to yourselves, and for chrissakes, this time don't anyone lick the windows."
8. Hey big guy, nice fez ya got there.
9. The man told us to sit here and the potatoes would be forthcomin'.
10. A little-known -- but equally disturbed -- offshoot of the Heaven's Gate cult is actually still waiting for the spaceship that's supposedly following Comet Hale-Bopp.
Best of Silhouette:
Gals at the Marge Simpson Beauty Salon wait for their turn in the paint booth.
"I hate it when the sheik wants to go bowling."
Best of Jeff:
Dan Ackroyd and Jane Curtin have a lot to answer for.
John Kerry's emergency "position adjusting" eraser supply.
Best of Mr. Right:
After the National Safety Council ruled they were unsafe, schools all over the country were forced to file the points off of their dunce caps.
Best of Sonicfrog:
Remember when Ginsburg passed out on the bench? Well, pictures have surfaced confirming, on the night in question, she was not the only Supreme Court Justice at the paralegals' party.
Best of critical Matt:
The Phi Grabba Brew pledges were looking forward to the end of hell week.
Best of prince of leaves:
The Fresno chapter of the Society for Creative Orongoism performs their annual Ahu Nau Nau reenactment.
Best of Submariner:
As Grand Poobah, I call to order this special meeting of the Water Buffalo Lodge. Where's Flinstone?
One of the results of exceeding the "one drink maximum" and using a trash can for that drink...
Best of Walstib:
Sub, Cyber, Rufus, Prince of Leaves, David Simon, Rodney and WALSTIB patiently await the return of V the K. (Although we do like the increased frequency of the "Best Of")